The City of Cambridge Department of Public Works program includes more than $90 million worth of area-wide reconstruction and separation of combined sewers, replacement of water mains, substantial gas main relocation, nearly 200 sites of private property work for inflow removal, and system wide verification of illicit removal from the storm drain infrastructure. MWH Constructors is leading three of the four active construction projects within the program. Our teams work side by side with the design staff to resolve construction issues at a pace that keeps up with the demands of each contractor’s schedule.
- The work also includes full reconstruction of an entire urban neighborhood – roadway reconstruction, ADA sidewalks, porous asphalt systems, other green infrastructure and surface improvements.
- 84% Reduction in Sewer Overflow.
- This program includes the Alewife Reservation Stormwater Wetland project which won 4 National Engineering Awards including:
- American Public Works Association (APWA) 2014 Projects of the Year in the Environment $25 million – $75 million category
- Engineering News-Record’s (ENR) 2014 Best in Water/Environment: New England