North Davis Biosolids Process Expansion
MWH Constructors served as the CMAR on this $49.4 million expansion project to increase the North Davis Sewer District’s digestion capacity. The project included construction of a new primary sludge screening and thickening facility, a new cogeneration facility, new primary digesters, dewatering process expansion, and upgrades to the existing secondary digesters. MWH Constructors implemented and managed all health and safety processes.
- After the project was completed, both 100% of the plant’s process heating needs and 65% of the plant’s total energy needs were met.
- There were 120,000 hours worked without a lost time incident.
- MWH Constructors added approximately $900,000 in additional value or scope changes.
- With the new Biosolids Expansion Project upgrades, the North Davis Treatment facilities removed more than 95% of pollutants from wastewater flow before it is released into the Great Salt Lake, while generating energy and providing treatment capacity through the year 2035.
- The project team was dedicated to keeping the work local – 100% of the work was constructed by local subcontractors and vendors.