Pure Water Monterey project
The $48M Monterey One Water (M1W), Advanced Water Purification Facility (AWPF) and Product Water Pump Station Project will provide a clean, safe and sustainable source of water for Monterey County. It emphasizes advanced water recycling technology, replenishment of the groundwater supply and protection of the environment. Pure Water Monterey provides both purified potable water for domestic use, as well as a supply for irrigating one of the state’s most fertile agricultural areas in the Salinas Valley. The project will be the first of its kind to utilize not just wastewater, but stormwater, food industry processing water, and impaired surface waters of the State. It is an environmentally sustainable solution for our area’s water supply problem.
- Pure source of water
- Drought Proof
- Regional Water Supply Solution
- Helps prevent Seawater Intrusion
- Cost effective local control
- Protects Monterey Bay Sanctuary
- Low Carbon Footprint
- Provides Sustainable Supply
- Create a reliable source of water supply to replace existing water supply sources for the Monterey Peninsula in northern Monterey County.