The Dannon Company Wastewater Pretreatment System
To keep pace with product demand, Dannon significantly expanded the capacity of their West Jordan, UT, yogurt processing facility from 145 to 242 tons annually, with expansion up to 500 tons. MWH was contracted to design and build the wastewater pre-treatment plant in just six short months. The facility was needed to support the increased yogurt production and treat the wastewater created during the manufacturing process. The pre-treatment process design exceeded all performance criteria, established odor control in the surrounding area, and complied with environmental requirements for discharge to the South Valley Publicly-Owned Treatment Works.
- Substantial completion was achieved in March 2011 after just 110 days of work.
- Enabled a long-term plant expansion for Dannon.
- MWH was awarded the Design-Build Institute of America Rocky Mountain Region’s 2011 Design-Build Award for this project. MWH was honored in the Industrial/Process/Research Facilities category.
- The expansion enables Dannon to meet the supply needs of customers.
- Creates jobs for the local community.